If you watch the news and listen to the right (wrong) people, you’ll be led to believe that you need to hide your money under the mattress and turn and run from your speaking business as fast as you can — because “things are bad!!”
Business has been challenging over the last few years — there’s no denying that — but there are tremendous opportunities now and into the future for speakers (and authors/thought leaders/gurus) who build their businesses strategically.
Watch the video above and get some GOOD NEWS, like the fact:
- You’re operating in an $11 billion — and growing — market
- There were 1.8 million meetings in 2009 (a bad year) and multiple sources say things are looking up
- There is a “changing of the guard” in the speaking industry (meaning new opportunities for you)
- New technologies mean new opportunities to reach people and share your message
- The top 10 buyers (categories) in the meetings industry
- How much money meeting planners are spending on speakers
- Which topics are in highest demand
In the midst of all this good news, though, there is one word of caution — at about the 20-minute mark.
If you like this video, sign up below to receive future installments in the series, and please help us spread the encouragement by tweeting, linking, facebooking or emailing this video to other speakers and aspiring speakers who have a positive message to share and need to be reminded that NOW is the perfect time to do it.
Thanks for watching!